Renowned golfer Dustin Johnson secures an exhilarating victory at the LIV Golf Tulsa tournament, defeating Cameron Smith and Branden Grace in a thrilling playoff. This triumph marks Johnson’s second win on the Saudi Arabia-backed LIV Golf circuit, adding to his previous success at LIV Golf Boston. With his sights on the upcoming PGA Championship, Johnson’s win comes with a significant $4 million prize. Let’s explore the breakdown of individual and team prize money payouts for the 2023 LIV Golf Tulsa event.
individual prize money payouts at LIV Golf Tulsa
Here’s the breakdown of individual prize money payouts at LIV Golf Tulsa:
- 1st Place: Dustin Johnson, 17 under, earned $4,000,000
- Tied 2nd Place: Branden Grace and Cameron Smith, both at 17 under, earned $1,875,000 each
- 4th Place: Harold Varner III, 13 under, earned $1,000,000
- Tied 5th Place: Bryson DeChambeau, Eugenio Chacarra, and Brooks Koepka, all at 12 under, earned $703,333 each.
team payouts for LIV Golf Tulsa
Let’s take a look at the team payouts for LIV Golf Tulsa:
- 1st Place: Stinger GC, consisting of Branden Grace, Louis Oosthuizen, Charl Schwartzel, and Dean Burmester, scored 40 under and earned $3,000,000.
- 2nd Place: 4Aces GC, led by Dustin Johnson, Pat Perez, Patrick Reed, and Peter Uihlein, scored 39 under and received $1,500,000.
- 3rd Place: RangeGoats GC, featuring Talor Gooch, Thomas Pieters, Bubba Watson, and Harold Varner III, scored 35 under and earned $500,000.
It’s important to mention that each franchise is owned 75 percent by LIV Golf and has received undisclosed operating funds for the year. However, this season, the teams are expected to primarily rely on their own financial resources, and any prize money they earn will be used to cover their day-to-day expenses.
The LIV Golf circuit, led by Greg Norman and supported by Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund, faces criticism over Saudi Arabia’s human rights record. Despite the controversy, the LIV Golf Tulsa tournament showcased exceptional talent and fierce competition among golfers like Dustin Johnson, Branden Grace, and Cameron Smith, who are now geared for success in upcoming LIV Golf and PGA Tour events. The focus now turns to the PGA Championship at Oak Hill Country Club in Rochester, where all eyes are on Johnson as he aims to extend his winning streak after his recent triumph in LIV Golf Tulsa.
As the 2023 LIV Golf season unfolds, fans eagerly anticipate thrilling competition and impressive displays of skill. Despite controversies surrounding LIV Golf’s association with Saudi Arabia, the tournament showcased undeniable talent. Johnson, Smith, and Grace battled fiercely in LIV Golf Tulsa, with Johnson emerging victorious, solidifying his top player status. Team Stinger GC triumphed in the team competition, earning $3 million. The team format adds excitement and highlights teamwork. LIV Golf attracts top players with its high prize money, providing a global stage for showcasing skills. The tournament sparks debates about Saudi Arabia’s human rights record but shouldn’t overshadow exceptional talent.
The 2023 LIV Golf Tulsa tournament displayed remarkable abilities, leaving fans eager for more. As fans await the PGA Championship, golf continues to unite with passion and excitement, transcending boundaries. With its unwavering allure, golf is destined to captivate audiences for years to come. As the LIV Golf circuit evolves, it will navigate challenges while preserving the sport’s essence. The remarkable players and their remarkable abilities captivate audiences and elevate the sport, ensuring its enduring popularity.